Senior Backend Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who is excited to share their experience building products and scaling systems. We want you to help us design and build the next generation of high performance APIs and backend services in Go (the fastest growing language on Github). As a Senior Backend Engineer you’ll be an integral member of our engineering team and report to the Director of Backend Engineering.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Lead complex projects from start to finish
- Be a thought partner for backend team strategy
- Learn our systems and frameworks and begin implementing improvements
- Collaborate with other backend, mobile, and data engineers and participate in code reviews
- Participate in on-call rotation for after hours support
- Help analyze performance throughout the stack to optimize the user experience
- Create and maintain feedback cycles with your peers and manager
- 4-8 years experience in backend or full stack development building APIs
- Experience working in high-volume, distributed production systems strongly preferred
- Prior knowledge of Go preferred but not required
- Excited to share opinions on best practices
- Clear communication and ability to own complex projects end-to-end, coordinating with other teams as necessary
- Curious, collaborative, and have a bias to action
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That’s why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they’re over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.
Our cultural attributes:
- Open: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Candid: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly, in real time.
- Kind: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
- Engaged: Be self-empowered, purposeful and involved. Lean in and be the solution.
- Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment at Hinge.
- Hinge is headquartered in NYC, and all posted positions are full-time and in-house.