Senior Software Engineer
Hinge is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Backend team. As the newest member to the backend team, we are looking for someone to help us design and build the next generation of high-performance APIs and backend services in Go (the fastest growing language on Github). As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll be an integral member of our engineering team and report to the Director of Backend Engineering.
- Lead complex projects from start to finish
- Be a thought partner for backend team strategy
- Advise us on how we can implement improvements to our systems and frameworks
- Collaborate with other backend, mobile, and data engineers and participate in code reviews
- Help analyze performance throughout the stack to optimize the user experience
- Create and maintain feedback cycles with your peers and manager
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support
- You have 4+ years of experience in software development building APIs at scale
- You are an expert and have worked in high-volume, distributed production systems
- You are excited to share opinions on best practices
- You can own complex projects end-to-end, coordinate with other teams and communicate broadly to internal stakeholders
- You have prior knowledge of Go
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.