The Table below describes how we process California consumers’ personal information (excluding our personnel), based on definitions laid out in the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act ("CCPA").
Not all of the items listed in the Table below are relevant to you . For example, we do not collect Social Security numbers from our users, but we may collect this data in the course of evaluating a job applicant.
Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and other similar identifiers
Signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, education, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, other financial information, and medical information
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
Geolocation data, including precise geolocation information
Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
Professional or employment-related information
Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Contents of your messages on our services
Some of the information we collect also constitutes “sensitive personal information” under the CCPA, including information that reveals your social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number, precise geolocation, racial or ethnic origin, sex life or sexual orientation, religious or philosophical beliefs, biometric information, and contents of your messages. We do not use sensitive personal information we collect for purposes other than providing and improving our services to you and protecting our services and our community, and we do not use sensitive personal information to infer characteristics about you.
How Long We Retain Your Information
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. If you decide to stop using our services, you can close your account and your profile will stop being visible to other users. Note that we will close your account automatically if you are inactive for a period of two years. After your account is closed, we will delete your personal information, as laid out below:
- To protect the safety and security of our users, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account closure. During this period, we keep your information in the event that it might be necessary to investigate unlawful or harmful conducts. The retention of information during this safety retention window is based on our legitimate interest as well as that of potential third-party victims.
- Once the safety retention window elapses, we delete your data and only keep limited information for specified purposes, as laid out below:
- We maintain limited data to comply with legal data retention obligations: in particular, we keep transaction data for 10 years to comply with tax and accounting legal requirements. We may also need to keep “traffic data” / logs for one year to comply with legal data retention obligations. We also keep records of consents users give us for five years to evidence our compliance with applicable law.
- We maintain limited information on the basis of our legitimate interest: we keep customer care records and supporting data as well as imprecise location of download/purchase to support our customer care decisions, enforce our rights and enable us to defend ourselves in the event of a claim, profile data in anticipation of potential litigation, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and data necessary to prevent users who were banned or people who were found to be under the age of 18 from opening a new account, for as long as necessary to ensure the safety and vital interests of our users.
- Finally, we maintain information on the basis of our legitimate interest where there is an outstanding or potential issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep information (in particular if we receive a valid legal subpoena or request asking us to preserve data (in which case we would need to keep the data to comply with our legal obligations) or if data would otherwise be necessary as part of legal proceedings).
California Consumer Privacy Rights
Sales/Sharing Opt-out: We do not “sell” or “share” your personal information so no opt out choice is necessary. This means that we do not sell, share, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate in any way your personal information to another company for monetary or other valuable consideration or for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Know/Access: You have the right to request to learn more about the personal information we process about you and the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Correction: You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate information we hold about you.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
Non-Discrimination: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment.